Guess I will start

Stop by and introduce yourself! Don't be shy, we have all had our shots.
AllanHall
Site Admin

Guess I will start

Post by AllanHall » Mon May 21, 2018 3:41 pm

Howdy!

I am Allan Hall, your friendly host and author of the books that probably brought you here. I was born in Spartanburg, SC and grew up in Huntsville, TX where I still live. My wife Sue Ann and several kitties say howdy and meow!

I guess my astronomy hobby started around 2012 when I got my first serious equipment. I bought the setup specifically for astrophotography with a minor in visual astronomy, heh. Although I have been heavily into astronomy/astrophotography every since, my actual imaging has slacked off the past few years as I look at different aspects (more visual, more writing, more technology). I hope soon to change that and do more imaging, specifically three areas; monochrome CCD, solar and lunar.

I am also hoping that I can get some people to drop by here in the forums and let's talk about astrophotography. I am happy to answer any questions I am able, and hope to learn as much as I can help others.

Clear skies!

Durkila

Re: Guess I will start

Post by Durkila » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:44 pm

Hello Allan,

Thanks for your great books, Getting Started with Long Exposure Astrophotography and your AStrophotography Messier guide. They gave me a really good start into this addictive hobby! I live in The Woodlands - light polluted and obstructed! Question: Is there a way to gain access to the Sam Houston U observatory? I looked at the Huntville Astronomy Club and the Sam website and there is no clear info on how to join or gain access to the observatory. Thanks in adavance for any help you can give me!